Dinner at the In-Law's

Today started out like yesterday.  Early morning fishing.  I can honestly say that things went better today.  Within ten minutes I had caught two good sized small mouth bass.  I contemplated keeping them, but eventually yielded to the fact that my fish cleaning skills are sub-par and I threw them back in the water.  This did not sit well with my wife, who did not suppress her shock at the fact that I let them go.  It was clear that a fresh fish dinner would have made her happy.

Right now I am at my in-law's house.  We spent some time down at the lake that their house sits on, and it was a good visit.  I was then treated to maple bacon potato chips, and I must say that they are a hit.  It was a very good flavour combination, and I ate the entire bag before I realized it.

What is nice about today is the fact that the anxiety has been at a minimum.  I have been able to survive the day so far with very little of it.  There was some in the morning built in around the fact that I was going to be out of the apartment for the majority of the day, but it wasn't as bad as it is sometimes.

Luckily my in-law's house is a very relaxing and stress free place to be.  That doesn't mean that trips here aren't filled with anxiety.  There have been times that I have had to leave prematurely due to the stupid build up of anxiety.  It's not because of the company of people, but it just seems to come out of merely being out somewhere that is not home.

That's the problem with my anxiety.  It just happens for no good reason and keeps me from doing a lot of things that I would like to do.  Today, at least, it didn't hamper me too much.  I like days like today, and I will enjoy it for what it's worth.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and I will try not to think about it right now.  I am just enjoying a few moments of low anxiety and I'm going to do what I can to keep it that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Car Died. Yippee!

Greetings

Home alone